Thursday, April 04, 2019

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Celebrity Skin

Hello loves!

I've mentioned in a post that it's only recently that I was able to try any of Jeffree Star's cosmetics. I opted to try the liquid lipstick because that's the one that I've seen many raved about.

The first product I reviewed from the brand was a gift and the one I'll share in this post is my personal purchase...


Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Celebrity Skin




This is now available locally through Freyja for PhP 1,300.00. I bought this when it was on sale at 50% off.


I chose to get Celebrity Skin because it is the kind of nude lipstick shade that I don't have yet. It's not too pink or grey, it's just very neutral and warm in my eyes. 

The packaging is great. I love the shade and the style. I like the metallic fonts and the stars. I really like transparent tubes when it comes to my liquid lipsticks so I can easily see the shade I want to use. I also like the shape and size of it because it looks different from the rest of my liquid lipstick collection without being too bulky.


Info from the website:

This soft brown nude with a peachy undertone will be everyones “go-to” fave!
Our liquid lipstick goes on opaque, dries completely matte and stays on for hours! This product is 100% vegan & cruelty-free!(tips before use: exfoliate then apply to bare lips! avoid food with oil… and no making out, kisses are ok!)
Also: Paraben & Gluten-Free / 0.19 oz.
Ingredients: Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Synthetic Beeswax, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain (+/-) Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Red 7 Lake (Cl 15850:1), Red 30 Lake (Cl 73360), Yellow 5 Lake (Cl 19140), Blue 1 Lake (Cl 42090), Red 28 Lake (Cl 45410)


I like the wand that it comes with. It's a doe-foot applicator that carries enough product to cover your lips. I usually do 2 dips to cover mine and get enough opaqueness that I like.

Swatch on my arm

This is the shade. It's very pigmented without feeling too buttery or sticky. It's very lightweight too and I just love the yummy, sweet scent.

Swatch on my lips

It's a beautiful nude that works well on my warm skin. It's very comfortable to wear too. It can last the whole day but still depends whether I eat/drink something. It also doesn't dry my lips too much compared to some liquid lipsticks I've used.

Overall, I really like the Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks, judging from the two shades I have right now. Celebrity Skin is a very wearable shade that I usually pair when I have dramatic eye makeup. The product a bit pricey here in the Philippines though. Other than that, I really like it's performance and I would recommend it if you plan to buy it. 


Cheers,
DAWN

No comments:

Post a Comment