Saturday, April 27, 2019

March - April (2019) Haul - A Bit of Shopping in Thailand

Hey guys!

Just two weeks ago, I was in Thailand for the first time. We went to Bangkok and Chiang Mai to visit some of their temples and other popular tourist destinations. I even celebrated Songkran for the first time! Wooot! Of course, I had to check out places like Chatuchak and Or Tor Kor Market and I couldn't help but buy some items to bring back home. So in the first part of this post, let me show you the stuff I bought during my trip in Thailand..


First are these Snake Brand Prickly Heat Cooling Powders. The first thing I noticed when I stepped on Thailand is he heat! I was in Bangkok and it's hotter than Manila! I never liked hot temperatures so I try to avoid going outside for a long time, specially during the summer and since I'll be doing some tourist-y things, I need something to help me feel fresh, even for just a small amount of time... you know, like a bit of refresher... Anyway, when I saw the powders, I was intrigued because I haven't tried anything like that before. It was affordable too so I bought some and added some more to give to some friends. 

It smells good, but it doesn't really give that instant cooling effect. It's more for prevention of heat rash but I did read about it being a good foot powder though I haven't tried that one yet. Anyway, I feel like I'll be using this a lot still since it is still the middle of summer in the Philippines.


The next two products, if I'm not mistaken, are from the same brand I believe... and it's called O'Natural. I was in an semi open air shopping centre and I was curious about the local skin care brands available there. 


I bought this shower gel because it smells clean and refreshing. It's the unisex kind of smell, and true enough, my brother really likes it!

This one is one of my favorite purchases because of it's cooling effect! This Icy Calm Relaxing Massage Cream is the bomb! The cool kind of bomb. The sales associate recommended that I try it out so I did. At first I thought it was a regular minty lotion so I proceeded at checking out the other products. But after a couple of minutes, my arm felt cooler and cooler until it felt like it was submerged in icy water. It felt GREAT! I immediately grabbed one and went straight to the cashier!

The next products are the more affordable drugstore cosmetic kind and are mostly recommended online.

Milk Plus Whitening Facial Foam
This brand is actually available in the Philippines. I saw their kiosk at Landmark, Trinoma some months back. I'd like to try it out and it was on sale for only 69 Thai Baht so I bought two!

SnailWhite Icy Mask
Another cooling skin care product. I'm so drawn to getting icy things because the summer is just too hot!

Srichand Tanaka Gold Powder Mask
This was also on sale at the Boots Drugstore. It's a loose powder form that gives a warm glow... sort of like the famous banana luxury powder. I haven't tried this yet though since I have a number of loose powders opened that I still have to finish off.

Mistine Wings Extra Cover Super Powder
Okay. So when we landed in Thailand, the first ad I saw was of Mistine. And I saw it EVERYWHERE. I am familiar with the brand but I've only used very few of it. So when I checked some recommendations, this was one of them so I bought two. One for me and the other is for my mom. It's only available in three shades and the darkest one isn't even available at the store I was in. There was also no testers available so I just bought the middle shade and hoping that it suits my skin tone.

Mistine Pink Magic Strawberry Lip BalmThis one is very affordable but a really nice lip balm and it gives a mild pink tint too.

Mistine BLACK Matte Liquid Eyeliner
Another recommended product! I always wear eyeliner so I want to try it myself too.

Sivanna Colors Fantastic Blusher
This brand, I am not familiar with and since it was so affordable, I bought one. I chose a baked blush... well, highlighter. I like the shiny warm shine it gives.

VC Sweet Orange Toner

Boots Vitamin C Brightening Toning Water

Okay, that's a lot of Vitamin C toners. Haha! The Boots one was on sale. It was a buy 2 get 1 toner and I actually forgot to bring a toner so I bought it. The other one was I was just curious.

These are actually gifts for my officemates. We're all pet lovers at work!

These fruits and flowers soaps smell amazing! You can buy them at Chatuchak for 100 Thai Baht for 5 pieces! Great for gifts or pasalubong!

Also bought some fruity essential oils. I recommend you smell the Hami Melon. It smells like candy!

This shirt is my pasalubong for my bro.

This kimono-like cardigan became a friendship clothing because all of us bought one with different patterns. 

More printed cardigans. I didn't plan on buying clothes but Chatuchak just has so many interesting things with cheap prices! I couldn't resist!

And that's all for the things bought in my recent Thailand trip! 

Now, here are the things I bought here in the Philippines during the months March and April.

These are clothes I bought at the Terranova outlet at Acienda at Silang, Cavite.


The clothes were so affordable and I was able to get one as low as PhP 99.00. Most are less than PhP 300.00.

Althea had a serum promo wherein when you buy 2, you get another one free! 

One of Althea's new addition is the Holika Holika Eye Spanglitter... and you know how much I like glitter! I bought two!

Next are Miniso haul! Woooot!

Then, Lazada-bought items:
My friend learned how to sew and to show support, I bought her some supplies!

I also bought myself some beads for DIY earrings and other accessories.

Lastly, some products from Watsons:

That's a lot than what I expected. Haha. Anyway, I'll post reviews, specially those that I bought overseas. If you find something interesting, then tell me at the comments section below so I can prioritize that review post. 


Cheers,
DAWN

No comments:

Post a Comment