Monday, February 04, 2019

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Poinsettia

Hey dearies!

Don't you just love it when you have friends who know you so well that they actually get you the items you really like for Christmas? Haha!

I'm lucky enough to have friends just like that and I'm sharing with you in this post the swatch post of one of the presents I received last Christmas and it's...

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick in Poinsettia



Just by the shade's name, I have a feeling that it's gonna be Christmas-y. So when I opened the box, I saw this metallic red shade. What's more Christmas-y than a bright, metallic, and shimmery red, right?


Let's get to know the product first from the description from the website:

Introducing "Poinsettia" from our 2017 Holiday Collection! This velour liquid lipstick is a full metallic red, perfect for the holidays!
Our liquid lipstick goes on opaque, dries completely matte and stays on for hours! This product is 100% vegan & cruelty-free! (tips before use: exfoliate with lip scrub then apply to bare lips! Avoid food with oil… and no making out, kisses are ok!)
Also: Paraben & Gluten-Free / 0.19 oz.
Ingredients: Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Synthetic Beeswax, Hectorite, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Capryl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol (May Contain +/-:) Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850)


It's available at Freyja for PhP 1,300.00.

This is my second of the Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick. I haven't posted the first one but I actually got them days apart. Haha! I just think that I should post this first because the holidays just recently ended. 


It's housed in a clear tube with cute metallic font designs. I love the tube's shape and very different from the usual liquid lipstick tubes so it stands out among my liquid lipstick collection. It's also one of the few metallic shades I have.

Here's a close up of the applicator.

Swatch on my arm

The swatch after I rub it off several times

The lasting power of the Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks are really awesome! It didn't come off and barely faded. I like how lightweight it feels when worn and I also like the sweet scent of it.

Here's how it looks on my lips.

I like that it compliments well with my skin. The shade is very wearable because I find that it will suit many skin tones. Red is something that many people wear as lipsticks, but the metallic finish made the lippie look more eye-catching.

Overall, I really like it. I'm not really a fan of metallic finishes but I can see myself wearing it a lot. I also love how comfortable it is to wear these liquid lipsticks so I might get more Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks in the future, although I find the price a bit high here. We'll see though... If you have a shade you could recommend, comment it below!


Cheers,
DAWN

No comments:

Post a Comment