Sunday, December 16, 2018

My 2018 Althea Christmas Wishlist

Hello loves!

Christmas is just around the corner and you know what that means—Christmas Shopping Spree!!!

I'm actually guilty of shopping a bit early and mostly online because the Manila traffic is even more horrible during the Christmas season and I don't want to be stuck in traffic for hours. I'm just so thankful that many online stores are available for us to browse and buy what we like. And speaking with online stores, one of my most frequently visited one is Althea! I do love my Korean beauty products and I've been browsing their website first even before I became an Althea Angel.

And now, I just browsed Althea and have my eyes glued on some of their products. So for today's post, let me share with you my Althea Wishlist this Christmas.





 First on my list is the Etude House Play Color Eyes in Cherry Blossom (PhP 770.00).

During Christmas, I love seeing the colorful ornaments and it translates to my makeup. I usually wear colorful and vibrant, even sparkly makeup and this palette is equipped with the colors that I love to use. It has a great combination of romantic colors with sparkly, matte, and satin finishes. It's just so pretty! Plus, I like seeing cherry blossoms. I enjoyed seeing them when we went to Kyoto, Osaka, and Jeju Island.


I'm trying to improve my skincare even more this year and one thing that I make sure is to keep the pH of my skin balanced. This is why I want to keep my cleansers in the low pH area and this is why I want to try the CosRX  Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser (PhP 660.00). I like that it's a gel cleanser and that it contains tea tree. Tea tree works well to calm my skin's inflammations so that's just another reason why I want to try it more.


The next one is something I've already tried and I just love it. It's the Petal Velvet Sunaway (PhP 480.00)! I've already made a review about it, but to summarize why I love this: it gives our skin a sun protection of SPF 50 and PA++++, it controls sebum, it gives a smooth finish, keeps skin hydrated, and feels lightweight! It has many more good qualities but I just gave the reasons I like best and that is why I want another one when the one I have runs out.


Speaking of sun protection, I know how important it is to shield our skin from the sun and I also understand that even if you use the highest SPF, you still need to retouch your sunscreen because your sunscreen fades after some time for several reasons. Since I like wearing makeup, I can't just slap my sunscreen on top of it and that is why I rely on foundations or BB creams that contain SPF. This is why I want to try the Laneige Marshmallow Sun Cushion (PhP 970.00). It's a great companion for touch-ups and it leaves a matte finish!
As you may have noticed in the products listed above, I tend to prefer matte finishes and sebum control. That's because I have very oily skin. Without any primers or products that control sebum, my face gets oily even on my jaw area and neck! Haha! And that's why I was curious to see if the Innisfree No Sebum Primer (PhP 510.00) can help control the shine on my face. Innisfree products have worked well on my skin, specially their Jeju volcanic line and I would love to explore more of their products. This particular one promises, besides controlling sebum production, to give a smoother finish as it minimize the pore's appearance and to keep skin hydrated. 



I have acne prone skin and I cover my acne and scars when I do my makeup.  As much as I like to wear lightweight foundations, most of them have little coverage. I still tend to reach for foundations that have a high coverage because it's less time consuming because I don't have to conceal every little scar on my face. This is why I was attracted to the Shionle Cover Plus Photo Concealfoundation (PhP 630.00). It claims to give coverage as well as hydration and that it is easy to blend. There's no reviews on Althea's website yet, but it's pretty interesting and I'd like to try it out.

 I have two officemates that have used or know people who uses Dear Klairs and they were all positive. I haven't tried any of their products so when I was browsing the available products on Althea, this one got my interest—Dear Klairs Midnight Blue Youth Activating Drop (PhP 1,560.00). Now that I'm nearing my 30s, I want to keep my skin in its best condition and this one promises just that.


And since we're talking about keep my skin as "young" as possible, I want to make sure that wrinkles will not appear anytime soon. One of the areas on the face that gets wrinkles early is the eye area so even though I already have a good moisturizer, I try to add some eye cream as a precaution. I'm currently eyeing the Laneige Water Bank Eye Gel_EX (PhP 1,430.00). It helps avoid puffiness around the eye area and keeps it hydrated. I've read so many good reviews about this product and I want to see for myself how well it works with my skin.
The next product is the By Wishtrend Pure Vitamin C 21.5% Advanced Serum (PhP 1,560.00). I've been a fan of vitamin C serums on my skin for years now. I've used a handful already and I'm still curious to try more. So far, this one looks very potent because most I've used have somewhere around 10% only. Vitamin C is known to brighten and improve the tone and texture of your skin and I'd like to see how well this one will work on me. 


Last, but definitely not the least, is the Too Cool For School Artclass by Rodin Shader (PhP 640.00). I studied Fine Arts and a big fan of Art History so the fact that they named this product after Auguste Rodin made me so interested. Rodin is known for his sculptures so naming a contour product after him is just perfect! I usually contour my face because I find it too wide so I'm pretty sure this is useful to me. I also like that the shade is not like brick tone so it really is interesting.

And that is my wishlist for this Holiday season! Do you see anything here that you might like to try as well? Do check out the products available at Althea and share with me your own wishlist! 


Cheers,
DAWN


No comments:

Post a Comment