Wednesday, February 04, 2015

Missha The Style Eye Prime Boomer in Yellow

Hey gorgeous!

Just sharing a short review on this product I bought several months ago. Actually, I was considering not to push through with this post but I decided to share my experience with this product whether it is good or bad.

Missha The Style Eye Prime Boomer in Yellow
I can't really remember how much I bought this... my guess is somewhere around Php 400.00? Not sure though.


As some of you know, I love applying eye shadows and I've grown to love eye shadow primers because they make the eye makeup stand out more and stay longer. They became a must in my makeup routine and that's why I love trying out different brands to see what works best which led me to buying this product.

Info on the package:

Info from the website:

Brighten up those dark-colored eye areas and dark circles. 
The yellow colored eye primer helps eyes look bright by covering up redness and dark areas. 
It has a soft texture with excellent adhering effect. Containing Hollyhook extract, it is well absorbed and adhered to eye areas. For moisturizing effect, Aloe extract soothes and moisturizes your delicate skin.


The product looks like this. I don't know if there's a separate proper container for this that you can buy because you only get a cheap, see-thru plastic compact. 


It's not at all sturdy and can get easily deformed. I don't want to remove it from the plastic container because since it is cream-based, it can easily accumulate dirt and bacteria. But oh well. Just be extra careful with it. 

This comes in two colors—yellow and beige. The one I have is yellow.


They are actually pigmented for a primer because it actually helps brighten the eyes and help conceal dark circles around the eye area. The coverage is not as heavy as concealers but it helps a lot when you put this under a concealer. I guess the yellow shade is for warm, light skin while the beige one is for cooler skin undertone. 

And oh, the Eye Prime Boomer has a lovely matte finish.

Above pic is a photo of swatches of one of my eyeshadows. The right one is with the primer while the other is just the plain eyeshadow.

As you can see, the Eye Prime Boomer really enhanced the color of the eyeshadow. The pigments really adhered to the primer. It also made the application smoother. Everything seems to be great except after wearing it after a couple of hours. I have oily lids and my eyeshadow (I used my UD ones) just creased like crazy. Like I didn't wear any primer! Two hours is just too short of a time for my eyeshadow to crease and this happened again after I tried it the second and the third time. I think this is one of the worse primers I've tried when it comes to making the eye makeup last longer. It just didn't help at all. :(

The product was a disappointment. I fell in-love with the matte finish but how it made my eye shadow crease earlier than normal is just too bad. *sigh* I don't know if it's because my lids are just too darn oily but I doubt that because this don't happen when I use UDPP or my Too Faced eyeshadow primer. :(

Have you tried eye primers that disappointed you as much? Which ones?


Cheers,
DAWN

2 comments:

  1. Awww, that's too bad that it made it crease sooner than normal! That's definitely not what you want! Luckily it isn't too much product and you maybe could sanitize it and give it to a friend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking that. I'll look for one who would like to adopt it. :P

      Delete