Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Review: L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Powder

Ciao ladies,

I'm here for another review. It's nice when people just give you make-up stuff randomly for Christmas and this was one of the those things that I got for Christmas, The L'Oreal Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Powder.

I like the packaging of this one cause it looks really clean when viewed like this

Plus the back end can double as a mirror so it's convenient enough.

The placing of the brush though was a bit troublesome because it makes marks on the powder whenever you open it. So it becomes frustrating at times. See... upon opening it, it marks... anyway, we got rid of the separator.

I don't recommend using the brush. I much prefer using my powder brushes than the one included. It's kind of soft, but I don't think you'd be able to spread the thing evenly on your face nor will it get enough powder for you to spread.
It is convenient though.
Here's the powder/foundation itself. See the dent from the brush separator?


With one swipe of my finger. The powder is very smooth and silky.

Here's the swatch on my arm.


Here is the before and after. I didn't put any concealer underneath. As you can see, it offers some amount of coverage. So it can hide small blemishes so it's good enough for the people with almost blemish free and truly blemish free skin.


Here are pictures of me with the powder/foundation. That day UST had it's Velada Day Celebration hence the costume. Everyone was supposed to wear Filipiniana clothes or costumes during the 1600's  but since I did not have any, I dressed up as some other nationality and tried to use the fan to "blend in". :)

For this one the make-up stayed on for a good 6 hours... cause I had to wash my face and go to sleep... without my face oiling, but we did put primer on that time so I don't know how long it'll last without it. I haven't really used it as my foundation because the color is lighter than my actual color so I use it more as a highlighter than a foundation.

I didn't really buy this product so if you're interested, just Google it. :)

What I like:
1. Packaging looked nice and clean.
2. Offers some amount of coverage.
3. Got it for free (Christmas gift)
4. Lasting power is good enough for half a day trip (I guess)
5. It's an ok substitute for a highlighter (in my case)

What I don't like:
1. The brush.
2. I'm not sure if you can buy it in the Philippines.

Will I buy one?
Probably not.

So there you have it. Hope it's helpful. I do want to get my hands on another mineral foundation probably the one I had before from Neutrogena. If I do get my hands on one again I'll give a review on that as well so arrivederci bellas!

Cheers,
LIZ

4 comments:

  1. Hello Liz! :)

    This product looks interesting. And like some of the products I've tried, the applicator or the brush is one of the disappointments. Haha! Believe me, I rarely use the applicators or brushes included in most of the makeup I have bought and used. And other con is that sometimes, the good products aren't really available locally. But I bet there is an online shop out there selling them but we just need to be careful about buying the fake ones... :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Sa picture lang ba sya yellowish or yellow talaga sya? I'll check this out if it's really that yellow. I'm very yellow based.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @gellie - I used to use the applicators included but i haven't done that eversince i got brushes from Dawn. And thanks for the heads up on online shops. :)

    @rae - it really is yellowish. I've noticed that most of the mineral make-up foundation that I get are yellowish. I don't know if they really are just like that or the people that give them to me chose those colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. forgot to mention the color. It's 418 buff beige. sorry for that. :)

    ReplyDelete