Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Smashbox The Santigold Age Eye Shadow Collage in Earth as We Know It

Hi dears!

I'm a sucker for beautifully designed products. So when I was browsing the items on sale at Beauty Bar a couple of months ago, I just can't keep my eyes off of this eyeshadow palette...

Smashbox The Santigold Age Eye Shadow Collage in Earth as We Know It
Original price was PhP 1,900. Got this for only PhP 665.00.

What attracted me was the very colorful packaging. It's very different from the usual black package design of the brand.

See below the labels on the box and on the product:

You can also check out a video from their website for added info and tips.


I was curious what/who Santigold was so I googled. Santigold is actually an American singer and producer. (I apologize for my lack of knowledge in music. Haha!) But when you check her album covers and her outfits, there's a wild mix of bold and contrasting colors. You can really see why this palette looks like such.


The compact is slim equipped with a mirror. The design is bright and lively and the eyeshadows are arranged in a way that looks like a snake. The texture of the eyeshadows look like reptile skin!


The colors are bright and a mixture of greens, blue, cream, and brown. Some are more sparkly than others.




From Left to Right:
Kelly Green, Soft Sparkling Cream, Dark Matte Blue, Dark Sparkly Forest Green, and Raisin with Rose Gold.

I am loving the shades Soft Sparkling Cream, Dark Sparkly Forest Green, and Raisin with Rose Gold. They are the most neutral from the bunch, which is why I use them most often.

I try to recreate the look that was instructed at the bottom of the compact and got this look:


I also played with it and lessened the blue shade and added more of the brown.



The eyeshadows are very pigmented and non-chalky. The colors aren't something that I would often use though—I still like neutrals, peaches, and pinks when I go to work... BUT these shades are perfect if you want to make a statement. 

What do you think of the Smashbox The Santigold Age Eye Shadow Collage in Earth as We Know It?


Cheers,
DAWN

2 comments:

  1. This is a very interesting palette of colors! I can see how the pigmentation is great and the finish is gorgeous but those colors aren't for me. Liked how you used them together!

    ReplyDelete