Tuesday, February 25, 2014

NOTD : Revlon Nail Art Expressionist in Monet, Monet

Hey loves!

I got this Revlon Nail Art product from my January-February BDJ box. To be honest, I wasn't jumping up and down when I saw this. I guess nail stuff is the least of my favorite when it comes to beauty products... I think it's because I like to paint (acrylic and oil) so getting my nail polish or nail art ruined happens quite often. And I'm not also a fan of the color. Green and yellow? I hardly have any stuff in those colors. :P

Revlon Nail Art Expressionist in Monet, Monet 

But when I read the labels on the packaging, I had the sort of "kilig" moment just because it is named after one of my favorite painters, Claude Monet.

Here are the rest of the labels:

I'm kinda confused with the name though. It says Expressionist but I think Monet is an Impressionist. The two movements actually oppose each other so I don't understand the confusion. But if I were wrong, please do tell me so I can correct this. ;)

So back to the beauty product part. This is Php 375.00 in stores.

The green one is the base and it's like a pastel green in color.

The yellow one is more for the nair art part because of its thin brush. It's a light, bright yellow but not in a neon kind of way. It has very fine shimmers too.

So swatches on my nail (with nude polish as base):


And here's the green shade on my nails:

I then added the artsy doodles using the yellow shade. My inspiration is my office coaster. LOL

My coaster is actually has a print of Monet's painting, Bridge Over a Pool of Water Lilies.

And here's a closeup:

Yeah, it looks nothing like the masterpiece of Monet but my idea was the very thick and heavy strokes of the painting. 


Plus, the color of the polishes and the painting are near each other. :P


And that is that. What do you think of the Revlon Nail Art Expressionist in Monet, Monet? Would you wear this combination of colors on your nails? 

Cheers,
DAWN

No comments:

Post a Comment