Friday, February 11, 2011

Review: DIY Haircolor - Hortaleza Professional

Hello Readers!

Apologies for my very long absence - I am on the last leg of writing my thesis (to get a Masters degree on something totally unrelated to kaartehan, maybe except for Aesthetics) so I hope you still remember me, the other half of the Peachy Pink Sisters. =)

Now for a treat - a photo review of D-I-Y Hortaleza Professional Hair Color

FYI: This is not a sponsored post - all items were bought using my own money, and everything - yes, the 2 tubes each of color and oxidizing lotion, the barettes, the ear protector, and the comb - is worth around 600 pesos only! I purchased all my stuff at HBC, SM San Lazaro.


So my problem is really that the blackness of my hair color is like, a perfect 10: the abyss of darkness! Lightening it has always been a problem for me, and Revlon Colorsilk's Light Ash Brown had no effect on mine at all.

Affascinante Salon, through Ms. Weng, was able to give me a nice ashy color after my rebonding session with her last December, but a month after that shade eventually faded to an unflattering copper, coupled with an inch of regrowth. 

So I decided to take charge and color it myself, especially since my hair's pretty healthy!

Donna told me to go blonde if I want to achieve the medium brown I want, and that Hortaleza Professional, available at HBC, is pretty good. The original color I wanted to get's 8.1 Light Ash Blonde, but that was out of stock. So, with a gulp, I settled for the lightest shade available: 8.55 Red Beech Blonde.

And because my hair's pretty thick - even if it's just of medium length - I got two tubes of both the color and the 12% oxidizing lotion. 



Mixed them all up and applied as I listened to the instructions of Youtube gurus:

1. I applied first for 20 minutes on the utterly black regrowth
2. Next, I spread out for 20-30 minutes on previously colored hair (instead of 10 minutes, since I've changed the shade)
3. I rinsed and conditioned like crazy!

The effect? Well, judge for yourself! Always a different hue depending on the lighting. I'm impressed. 
I colored my hair a month ago, and all the shots below have been taken in the past three weeks.

At Music21, under bright flattering halo-light!
Reader's Cafe, UST. Bright glass walls let the sunshine in!
Green and sunny outside shot! Mahogany-ish hair!
Onstage? Red!
So my hair is more dry than usual now, but it is worth it since I like the way I look with colored tresses (and more boys are making pa-cute hahaha). It grows fast  - and for women who get their hair rebonded regularly, that means I have a poufy head already - and I have a slice of black regrowth too. I'm planning to apply olive oil 30 minutes before I bathe everyday just to keep things manageable.

Other than the expected extra care, I am happy! Even after a month, the color's bright and true - I will continue repurchasing from this brand!

Cheers,
Trace

6 comments:

  1. ey i like the shade of sorta like auburn brown on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Great post! I really like how you explained all the different colors. The outdoor photos look really pretty. Very natural. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color. It's not too light. Just right. I too have very black hair and can't seem to decide on which color to dye my hair with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Hope you get the shade you're looking for! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've been wanting to color my hair but i'm afraid the shade will not complement my skin color..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...