Monday, June 13, 2022

Review: Hello Glow Sunflower Collection

Hello loves!

Don't you just get excited when you see a skincare set that works and fits the budget? Well that was what I felt when I was able to try Hello Glow's Sunflower Collection.

But before I share my review, I have to say that before I tried the collection, I honestly was not aware of the brand Hello Glow. It has been a long while since I just browsed the beauty sections of malls (since the pandemic started I think) nor have I actively looked at everything that's new at the beauty scene. I was actually contacted by the team behind the brand if I wanted to try and review the products to which I agreed to because I was curious about it.

Why was I curious? Well, I did a quick research about Hello Glow, a fairly new local brand (founded in 2020) and quite active in social media. It gave me a young and cool vibe. The products they have look fresh and also quite within a typical pinoy's budget! It claims to produce products that are vegan, cruelty-free, paraben-free, and SLS-free.


What's more, the collection that is being featured has sunflower as main ingredient. I've used dozens of products with sunflower and I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that sunflower oils are one of the good oils for skin if you're someone into face oils... and look what's included in the collection—a sunflower beauty oil! 
So yeah, I was soooo very eager to try the collection out and see for myself how effective it is on my skin. 

So without further ado, here's my review:

The order of my review is in chronological order of how I used the products. First off is the Hello Glow Sunflower Serum Sheet Mask.


At first glance, I am liking the design as it is simple with the font selection and the bright yellow color with the sunflower illustration. I also noticed that it is 'Made in Korea' and we pretty much know that Korean skincare is serious business!

Product Information:
Calm skin redness, smoothen those dry and rough patches, and improve skin's firmness using Sunflower Serum Sheet Mask. It also helps lighten dark spots and softens skin with every use. PhP 40.00


So I followed the directions the directions... make sure your face is clean before use! I notice that the face mask is mildly scented but I do like the scent as it is very pleasant to me.


After 15 minutes, I took it off, massaged the excess serum on my face, neck, and décolletage. The wet sheet mask I even massaged on my arms and legs!

My face felt very hydrated and soft. I actually love the feeling after wearing sheet masks as my skin feels very moisturized and this particular face mask gave me that. I couldn't say much on the brightening the dark spots of my skin as I have only used it once. 


Next up is the Hello Glow Sunflower Serum Body Lotion.

Product Information:
Rejuvenate your dull skin with Hello Glow Sunflower Serum Body Lotion. It has AHA to help lighten dark pigmentation, Shea Butter that aids in boosting skin suppleness and Vitamin E to alleviate dry skin. PhP 250.00


Okay, so I usually wax my legs and sometimes my arms. One of the things that affects my skin negatively is that I get ingrown and sometimes leave scars when I scratch it when it gets itchy. So I do have some dark spots that I'd like to vanish on my body and a lotion that claims to remove it as it has AHA really interests me. 

So far I've used it for a week and a half. Not much noticeable change.


But I love the mild scent too and that it is so easy to spread to skin.


It isn't too thick that it feels like it's suffocating my skin like some lotions do and it gets absorbed by the skin pretty quickly. I don't feel like it just stays on top of skin and then gets all over my bed sheets. It just leaves my skin feeling moisturized.


Next is the Hello Glow Sunflower Serum Cleansing Foam. 

Cleansing products are one of the most important skincare products cause you just have to clean your face of makeup and dirt after a long day. This is why I had high expectations for this product.


Product Information:
Reveal that soft, smooth and fresh skin after every wash with Sunflower Serum Cleansing Foam. It contains the anti-aging properties of Niacinamide, and the benefits of Centella Asiatica and Sunflower Oil to help improve skin texture. PhP 220.00

And it's also made in Korea!


The product is also mildly scented and with water, it lathers well. I cleans the face well, stripping it of dirt and makeup (I still use makeup remover prior). It doesn't make my face feel dry and tight after use so I was satisfied with its performance.


The Hello Glow Sunflower Serum Toner Mist is probably something I've used the most times in the collection. I like feeling refreshed and it's been a hot couple of weeks so I spray it all over my face and body... both to refresh and moisturize!


Product Information:
Soothe that dry skin and hair with Hello Glow Sunflower Serum Toner Mist. It has Sunflower Oil, Centella Asiatica, and Glycerin to help improve skin's texture. It is also formulated with Vitamin C to help improve skin radiance. PhP 250.00

This is also made in Korea!

I like that you barely notice the scent too. Besides feeling moisturized and refreshed, I'd like to comment on the great packaging—both the design and how the product is dispensed. There are spray bottles that feel like you're being spitted on but not this one! It sprays evenly and feels like a mist! 


Next is probably my favorite—The Hello Glow Sunflower Multiuse Beauty Oil.

I do like using beauty oils, usually on the face as the last product to be applied to seal in all the skincare goodness I applied beforehand. 


Product Information:
Nourish your skin daily with the Hello Glow Sunflower Multiuse Beauty Oil to help repair skin damage, improve skin barrier function, and as an overall face and body moisturizer. PhP 220.00


The oil doesn't feel suffocating on skin like other oils I've tried. It's also mildly scented. I use it on face and body and I'm liking how I can use it in so many parts of my body and I do feel like it adequately gives the proper moisture my body needs though I still apply lotions and moisturizers before the oil.


Lastly is the Hello Glow Sunflower Serum Soothing Gel.


Product Information:
Soothe skin redness and help soften skin texture with Hello Glow Sunflower Serum Soothing Gel! It contains great anti-aging benefits and lightens dark spots with Niacinamide, Collagen and Aloe Vera. Improves skin barrier with every use! PhP 299.00


(I love the brand logo is on the plastic that separates the product from the cap <3)


I knew I would use this a lot. I came back from an out of town trip when I received the products and a nice soothing gel on the skin that was exposed under the harsh sun feels really nice. Also, when I wax my legs, it's a good way to soothe the inflamed skin. I don't know yet if it will help with dark spots but I am loving that it has niacinamide too which is a favorite skincare ingredient.


And that's my review of the Hello Glow Sunflower Collection! Hope I was able to shed some light on this collection. If I have to pick a favorite, it's between the Multiuse Beauty Oil or the Toner Mist! If you're curious to try them out, they are available at Watsons, Lazada, and Shopee!

If you're curious to know more about Hello Glow and their other products, do check out their websiteFacebook and Instagram pages.
 
Cheers,
DAWN

No comments:

Post a Comment