Thursday, January 31, 2019

Review : Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser

Hey dolls!

Almost every month, Althea has been introducing various skincare products for us to try. As a one-stop online shop for all thing K-beauty, it's just natural that they'll work on skincare products to achieve the flawless "Koreana skin" that we oh so envy! 

What I've liked so far from the different product exclusives they've released is the part where the products usually serve multiple purposes. There are cleansers that are also masks, toners that can also be a primer, and so on. So far, I have only but positive reviews for the ones I've tried and what's awesome is that Althea hasn't stopped from creating these innovative goods! 

Introducing a new Althea Exclusive that is both a cleanser, serum, AND makeup remover—

Althea Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser



The 150ml bottle is PhP 430.00.

Let's get to know the product from the descriptions posted on the website and the press release:


Info from the Althea website:

- A purifying cleanser with a serum-like formula 
- Removes makeup, dirt and oil without drying out the skin 
- Balances the pH levels of the skin to ensure it stays healthy

Combine the powers of a cleanser and serum with Althea's Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser! This beauty superhero whisks away makeup, dirt, and oil with mint extracts while ensuring the skin stays cool and hydrated throughout thanks to a dual moisture cell system that envelopes the skin in a serum-like formula. It prevents the skin from drying out and effectively minimizes enlarged pores, keeping it smooth to the touch. This product also helps to balance the pH levels of the skin to keep it working in tip-top shape! Best of all, it's gentle on the face and suitable even for those of us with sensitive skins. 

Ingredients:
Water, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cyclomethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Dipropylene Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Citric Acid, Hydroxyacetophenone, Disodium Edta, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Citrate, Butylene Glycol, Fragrance


'How to Use' info from the press release:

To remove makeup:
Step 1: Pour an adequate amount of the product onto the palm of your hand. 
Step 2: Massage the product all over your skin in circular motions to remove dirt and makeup.
Step 3: Rinse off the residue with water. You may also use a second cleanser to completely remove any residue.

To cleanse the skin:
Step 1: Dampen the skin and apply an adequate amount of the product onto the palm of your hand.
Step 2: Gently massage the product all over your skin in circular motions for 5-10 seconds before rinsing it off with water.


Serums are usually a more potent skincare product packed with ingredients that target specific skin concerns. There are various kinds out there that you can check out and I really recommend you add them to your skincare routine if you have not. They can be pricier than other skincare products, but as I have mentioned, they are more powerful in terms of the concentration of the key ingredients that target the skin concern that it helps to fix.

That being said, this product claims to cleanse our skin of our makeup and other dirt and excess oil while at the same time act as a serum by keeping our skin hydrated and even soothe it after a long day of work.


I've been using this for almost a month and here's what I've found:

As a cleanser:

Yes, it acts as a great cleanser because it cleans my skin without causing any irritation. My skin does not feel overly dry and itchy like when you use regular soaps (I notice this because most commercial soaps are more basic in pH levels leaving your skin irritated, while this one cleanses skin while keeping the pH of the skin balanced). It effectively removes the excess sebum of my oily skin too!

As a makeup remover:

Unfortunately, it doesn't remove the waterproof eyeliner and mascara very well. Even long-lasting liquid lipsticks. I like wearing those makeup because I have oily skin and non-waterproof products tend to get smudged easily after a few hours. But if you don't wear heavy or long-duty makeup, then this might work better on you.

As a serum:

As I have mentioned, my skin doesn't feel dry when I use this. Whenever I try to remove my makeup, I massage my skin all over with the product to make sure no makeup is left. If I use usual commercial soap, it can irritate the skin but this one does not. After rinsing and drying my face with a towel, my face feel soft and supple too. I believe it works because as you remove the excess natural oils from your skin after cleansing, it somehow replenishes it with the moisturizing properties like the jojoba seed oil. I also appreciate the fact that it has mint and tea tree extracts. I'm a fan of tea tree because it soothes skin inflammation as well as help control breakouts.

All those being said, I still use a different serum since I want to target more skin concerns. I don't think that this product provides enough of what I want in my overall skincare. Maybe if you're younger or have better skin, then this may suffice.

So for me, I think it's best to use when I don't have much makeup on or I use eye makeup remover first then use this after to cleanse everything else. I will still use a different serum and top it off with moisturizer after. But hey, skincare is always a trial and error for me. It's important to keep it as simple as possible and that's why I really appreciate Althea creating products like this. 

Would you like to try the Pore Purifying Serum Cleanser? What are your thoughts on multi-purpose skincare products? 


Cheers,
DAWN

No comments:

Post a Comment