Monday, August 20, 2018

KATE Powderless Liquid for Cover Foundation

Hello dearies!

I just want to share a quick post about this product that I really love. Unfortunately, I think this short review is a bit too. I believe that it's being phased out and replaced by a new formulation. (Correct me if I'm wrong though!)

To be honest, I didn't expect too much from this liquid foundation when I bought it during one of my trips to Japan. I just thought that it dries matte so it's probably okay for my oily skin. Well, it does suit my skin pretty well! I was surprised by how well it performed, specially considering how affordable this was!

KATE Powderless Liquid for Cover Foundation


I've forgotten how much I bought this but I think if you buy this here in the Philippines, it's around 1k PhP.


The shade OC-D fits my skin tone perfectly. What's funny was I just guessed my shade when I bought this bottle. Haha!

The packaging is very simple and I really like that the plastic bottle is lightweight. It's the reason why I love taking this with me when I travel.

The pump bottle is easy to use and it's also very clean. I do not encounter any spilling even when it's inside my bag while I travel.


The shade I have is warm enough to compliment my skin well.


It's creamy and lightweight and it doesn't feel sticky.

Blending this product is easy and it gives a semi-matte finish.

Before and After photos

As you can see on the photos above, it covers my acne and scars pretty well. I can say that it has a medium coverage but is very buildable.

I like that it doesn't look flat even though it says it gives a powder finish. I can say that it really looks like I added powder to my foundation when it sets which is quite impressive.


The foundation is like my second skin. It sets really well with my oily skin. It has decent oil control and takes around 4-5 hours before my face gets completely shiny.


What I love about this is even though I bring a smaller than usual quantity of makeup with me when I travel (I usually don't bring concealer and loose power anymore), I find that my makeup still looks good and it sits the ENTIRE day while I'm out and about.


All the photos I took were during my trip to Kyoto-Osaka and I used this foundation (although I topped it with a press powder to prolong wear).

I really have nothing bad to say about this foundation. Unfortunately, I think this is already phased out and will be replaced by a new version...

Photo Source

I'm hoping that the formulation is close to or better than the one it will replaced because I became a fan too late.

Have you tried the new Base Zero Matte Maximizer from Kate Tokyo? If yes, do you like it? How is it compared to the Powderless Liquid for Cover Foundation?


Cheers,
DAWN



4 comments:

  1. Woo.
    Ang ganda ksi okay siya sa oily skin ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this but it clings to my dry patches :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww. Yes, I've seen reviews with the same experience. Maybe it worked great on me because I hardly have dry patches (except for acne spots that I treat) because of my oily skin.

      Delete